March did not go well.
I didn’t take a month off of television. I didn’t really do the training for work that I wanted to do, and I did very little 5k training. In fact, I didn’t even run the 5k.
Yeah, March was a total wash. Maybe it’s because I announced by plans and intentions. There seems to be some compelling evidence announcing your plans makes you less likely to finish them. Oh my, that does sound like me.
- Had another date night with the wife. We went to see the movie Logan at the AMC not far from where we live. We did the dine-in thing at this theater like we did at Alamo Drafthouse in February. The dine-in experience at AMC wasn’t bad, but not as good of an experience as at Alamo Drafthouse. The movie was pretty amazing. Logan is the most violent (read: comic-book like) superhero movie I’ve ever seen.
- Got a little depressed for a couple of weeks. Weather? Work? Dealing with the feelings that some people in this world are turds? I don’t know what the deal was, but I ended up needing a break.
- Took a vacation, which was really just me getting some honey-dos done and hanging with my family. It was good.
April will be busy, but I’m not going to say anything this time. Let’s just say I’m doing some things currently, and a wrap-up will follow at the end of the month.
Two months in, where to begin?
Sadly, I’ve been pretty consumed with my day job this month. I haven’t been as active in my extracurricular activities, but there’s still a few things to report on.
- Had a date night with the wife. We went to see the movie Split at the Alamo Drafthouse. The whole experience was good.
- Began training for a 5k I will participate in on April 1.
- Attended the DevFest KC conference.
- Broke my social media fast. As a friend of mine commented, “So, your relationship with social media is pretty complicated, isn’t it?”
- Read the book Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance.
- Wrote three blog posts.
- Assisted a friend, who I’ve been mentoring about web development, get her first website online.
March has a few more things lined up. I plan on taking a month away from television. I’m going to do some specialized studying on my own about something for work, and I’ll continue my 5k training. I also plan on taking a vacation week toward the end of the month, and hopefully — weather permitting — get some camping in.
Oh yeah, and I need to get my taxes done. It’s time to pay the man!
January has turned out to be a nice productive month for me. It was so good, I’m excited to see what happens as the year progresses.
Apple activity rings
Overall, an excellent month even if most of the activity came toward the latter half of it. Now to see what can happen in February!